Action Area #1 Investment
Partnerships will be developed to obtain and manage funding.
The NIHAP includes actions to:
Service delivery arrangements will be made for construction, maintenance, and programming.
Inuit Housing Fund
An Inuit Housing Fund will be established that includes the $56 million contribution from NTI and funding from the Government of Canada.
Immediate Investment Goals
- Obtain Government of Canada funding for housing.
- Establish partnerships with the public and private sector to help finance affordable housing.
- Complete an Inuit Housing Fund management plan to ensure transparency and accountability.
Longer Term Investment Goals
- Leverage funding from other agencies and governments to maximize the investment in housing.
- Ensure accountability and integrity in the fund’s management and reporting.
For Inuit by Inuit
Together We Can Meet Our Housing Needs